Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Withdrawal? Withdrawal? ...Withdrawal?

/marks Withdrawal absent

I'm not sure how to feel about the withdrawal symptoms that many have warned me about being absent. I have heard that the first week is the hardest. I'm supposed to be moody, fighting cravings, and struggling with my own willpower. 

But I'm not.
About 9 months ago I was tested for Celiac's Disease with inconclusive results. During the same battery of testing, we found that my protein levels were very low. She suggested lowering my gluten intake and increasing protein intake. After 6 weeks of doing this, we re-tested the protein levels. They were perfect. To my doctor, this was not quite enough to diagnose me with any sensitivity or allergy. To me, however, I had some of the answers I'd been looking for. 

Since then, I haven't gone out of my way to live gluten free, but I've been a little more conscious of what I'm eating and putting a little more effort into planning meals with less gluten. Perhaps this warm-up period has prepped my body for being gluten free and I'll escape the worst of the transition with no withdrawal symptoms. 

Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Van's GF Waffles (2/4 stars. Taste was great, but it would not hold together), Hash Browns.
Lunch - BLT with Udi's GF Sandwich Bread (4/4 stars)
Dinner - Irish Stew (Kielbasa, Carrots, Potatoes, Onions)
Snacks - GF Lara Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (4/4 stars), Sugar Snap Peas, Prosciutto
Weight - No change from yesterday. 
Headaches - Slight headache after dinner. Went away on its own.
Mood - Normal. Slightly down due to external issues.
Energy - Again tanked at 9:30am. Slept from 10am - 1pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment